07/08/2011

Hello World!

So, I thought the best way to start my blog would be to tell you a bit about me and what I do, my family and what I plan to blog about.


Me
My name is Rachel Thompson, I'm 20 years old and recently married to my lovely husband, Josh. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand (and have all my life) and love it (despite all the earthquakes). I love to be creative and write, which is why I'm writing this blog, so I hope you all enjoy and follow!


My Family
Mum, Dad, Sam (Big Brother), Liz (Big Sister) and Me (at the front) outside our childhood home in Rolleston (a rural area located just outside of Christchurch)


Dad (Mike), Mum (Ros), Me and Josh, Liz, Sam & Katie (Sister-in-law)



Caleb (Me and Josh) and Catherine - Josh's (and mine now too!) older Brother & Sister
Catherine, Me and Josh, Aaron (Josh's Dad) & Caleb
Greg (Josh's Step-Dad) & Desley (Josh's Mum)

My Josh
My lovely husband Josh is a super talented graphic designer, who is running his own company - Decade Design Co. It's been pretty tough starting a new business as a young couple, but it is heaps of fun and so exciting!

Josh and I have been together for roughly three years all together (and married for about five months), and I must say they have been the best three years of my life! We have very similar ideas and personalities and we have heaps of fun together. Josh is my best friend in the world and I feel so blessed to have him, he is an amazing husband and so super talented!

Josh and I on our Wedding Day


My Faith
So, to be honest, this blog is going to be more about creative stuff (like sewing, photography, crafts, cooking) than about my faith, but it is a huge part of my life and I have a very strong faith in God and am a devoted follower of Jesus. I have been a Christian basically all of my life, but I really decided to follow God with all my heart when I was in my early teens, and that is honestly the best decision I could have made for my life! I'm no bible basher, but God has done a lot in my life, and is constantly blessing me and answering prayers and I'm certainly not ashamed of my faith in Him.


My Job
By day, I'm an Accounts Administrator/Administration Assistant. I recently started a job for a building company (we manage insurance repairs, at the moment we are primarily doing earthquake repairs) and I started as an Administration Assistant/Receptionist type thing where I entered new jobs in our system, ordered stationery, typing, filing - all that jazz, but since the February earthquake, we got a heck of a lot busier, and I sort of got promoted to Invoicing, so now my main job is Debtor Invoicing, and some other officey things. Even though my job isn't creative I enjoy using my brain in an organised kind of way, and I have found it's something I'm naturally quite good at.


My Blog
This blog is going to be about being creative, and life in general. I plan to share with you cool things that I make or see, awesome things I cook or eat, sweet photos I take or am in, and just a bit about my life! So, I hope to give you some sweet ideas, and I hope you'll share some with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment