Ok, so I cheated with the cupcakes a little and used a Ducan Hines Confetti Cupcake mix, but I did make a delicious butter cream icing for the top!
Butter Cream Icing Recipe
185g Butter, softened
2 1/4 cups icing sugar mixture
2 tablespoons milk
Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined.
I decorated the cupcakes with red and orange crushed M&M's and I made little flag cupcake toppers which I got from Little Paper Dog Blogspot (so cute)
The golden syrup biscuits were so delicious, I recommend you make these asap! I put M&M's in mine, which was simply amazing.
Golden Syrup Biscuits Recipe
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
75g Self Raising Flour
M&M's (or Chocolate chips, mini marshmallows etc)
Another 75g Self Raising Flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Mix the sugar and butter together to make a paste
2. Add the golden syrup
3. Add the first 75g of flour and the M&M's (or chocolate chips). Mix together
4. Add and mix the last 75g of flour
5. Arrange on a baking tray in 10-12 blobs, don't flatten them
6. Put them in the oven at 180 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes
NB: I always bake mine for exactly 12 minutes, even though they don't look really brown, they brown up once you take them out of the oven, also note as soon as you take them out of the oven they will be VERY soft, leave them on the tray for a couple of minutes before attempting to transfer to a cooling rack.